Every six months,
a typical food-conscious family spends $800-$1000 on pasture-raised pork.
This year, we can make it available to you for less.
You can thank Kate, our herd manager. Kate has fallen in love with our breeding sows, Betty Boop, Jubilee and Ursula. Under her care, these fine sows have given birth to a bumper crop of beautiful piglets. And for the first time ever, we have enough pastured pigs to meet our retail market demand, plus we will have extra available for wholesale this fall. And that’s how you can have the best pork at a great price.
Here’s how it works. Over the course of the summer, we will be advance-selling half pigs for $400 each, plus $91.00 processing on a first-come-first-serve basis. Here are the rules to play:
- Your $200 deposit secures your half pig.
- A second payment of $200 will be due August 1st.
- The final payment, which is the processing fee, will be due September 1st.
- Your pork will be processed this fall. We will notify you when it comes available. It will be up to you to pick it up @ our cafe during our store hours, any Saturday in November and December (except 11/25, when we’re closed). You’ll need to schedule with me which Saturday you prefer, so I can have it in the shop for you.
- I choose the cuts. They are based on the most efficient use of the animal.
- And now the fun part. Here’s what you’ll get:
- On average you’ll get about 75 pounds of meat, which should last four people about six months, assuming you eat pork 1-2 times per week. Your cuts will include:
- Approximately 10 pounds pork chops
- 4-5 pounds prime roasts (loin, rib and sirloin)
- 3 pounds spare ribs
- 20-25 pounds sausage (a mix of sweet Italian, hot Italian and breakfast)
- 8 pounds smoked bacon
- 14 pounds shoulder roasts/Boston butt
- 5 pounds stew bones
- 8 pounds fat
- One copy of my cookbook, Long Way on a Little, which will help you render the fat, and cook every cut of the animal.
To reserve, touch the button below, and it will bring you to my email. Give me your first and last name, a phone number, tell me you want to reserve your half pig, and I’ll invoice you through paypal. You can either pay with a credit card via the email invoice you’ll receive, or you can arrange to mail a check. Your second invoice will be emailed in July, and your final one will arrive in August.